Upload Raw DNA Data
How does tellmeGen's Raw Data service work?
|* To be chosen by the customer|
|Genetic predisposition to diseases|
|Genetic predisposition to diseases||5 reports*||5 reports*||More than 50 reports|
|Pharmacological compatibilities||5 reports*||5 reports*||More than 170 reports|
|Inherited monogenic diseases|
|Inherited monogenic diseases||5 reports*||5 reports*||More than 90 reports|
|Personal traits||5 reports*||More than 50 reports||More than 50 reports|
|Wellness items||5 reports*||More than 30 reports||More than 30 reports|
|Ancestry||Origins||Origins Maternal Lineage Paternal Lineage Neanderthal DNA||Origins Maternal Lineage Paternal Lineage Neanderthal DNA|
What is my Raw DNA Data and what is it for?
We say that they are raw data files because they include data that need to be processed in order to be interpreted and converted into useful information.
At tellmeGen™ we analyze your Raw DNA Data in three ways
We offer you the possibility to upload to our platform your genetic Raw Data from other companies such as 23andme, Ancestry, MyHeritage and many more. At tellmeGen™ we can analyze your Raw DNA Data regardless of its origin, as long as it is encoded in the strand ( + ) of the GRCh37 reference genome, its call rate is > 0.95 and its format corresponds to that of an unmodified chip array. This way, you will have access to all the information provided by tellmeGen™ that can be estimated from your genetic information.
This is the free version of our analysis. With it you will have access to up to 25 updated reports, previously chosen by you, about your health, personal traits and wellness (5 per category). In addition, you will obtain information on your genetic origins. Finally, you will have access, if you wish, to our DNA Connect service to find genetic relatives and communicate with them.
If you want us to analyze all the information related to your personal traits, wellness and ancestry data included in your genetic Raw Data, this is your plan.
In total, you will have access to more than 90 complete and permanently updated reports on your wellness, performance and origins.
If you wish, you can also use our DNA Connect service to find genetic relatives and communicate with them.
If you want to access, at a price adapted to any budget, to all the information of the most complete DNA test on the market, this is your plan.
In total, more than 400 complete and permanently updated reports on your health, well-being, performance and ancestral genetics.
You will also have access, if you wish, to our DNA Connect service to find genetic relatives and communicate with them.
How do I get the DNA test based on my Raw Data?
The process is very simple. Just follow the steps below:
From this point on, you will receive e-mails informing you about:
Why upload my Raw Data to tellmeGen™?
In the tellmeGen™ analysis we use techniques that combine genetics with new computational technologies. This allows us to increase the number of genetic markers analyzed from ≈ 750,000 to tens of millions of informative genetic variants through a process called imputation. With the application of this powerful methodology we are able to give you results with a much higher accuracy than you would get by analyzing only the variants of a DNA chip array, at a reduced price.
Genetic predisposition to diseases
Complex diseases are caused by a combination of genetic factors, environmental factors and each individual’s lifestyle. At tellmeGen™ we work to understand and analyze these genetic factors. With the tellmeGen™ health report you will receive information about your genetic risk of developing more than 50 complex diseases.Genetic predisposition to diseases
Different modifications in our DNA result in different ways in which our body metabolizes drugs. Find out which of these modifications you have and how your body reacts to hundreds of different drugs through our analysis.Pharmacogenetics
Inherited monogenic diseases
Some diseases, known as monogenic, are caused by the presence of only one or a group of genetic variants. With our test you will get reports on dozens of diseases in which we will detail whether you are a carrier of any of these genetic markers and what implications this could have for your health.Inherited diseases
Complex personal traits
Although our lifestyle largely determines our physical and personal traits, the genetic component plays an important and fundamental role in the development of these traits. At tellmeGen™ we analyze this genetic component to be able to inform you about your genetic probability of presenting more than 30 personal traits.Personal traits
Different studies have shown that genetics have a strong relationship with personal well-being, both physical and mental. Genetics regulate everything from cholesterol and vitamin levels to predisposition to injury and muscle performance or tendencies to consume alcohol, caffeine or excessive food. With our Wellnes analysis you will have access to dozens of reports on nutrition and physical exercise.Wellness
Depending on the chosen plan, you will access different information about your ancestral origins. We include your genetic population origin, data about your paternal and maternal lineage and which percentage of DNA you share with the Neanderthal.Ancestry DNA test
By uploading your Raw Data you will have the possibility of finding relatives with whom you share DNA in our database, as well as connecting with them. This service is fully available on the three plans.More information
- Those genetic variants not analyzed by your company of origin and not included in your Raw DNA Data.
- Those variants whose coding is not the one reported in the dbSNP database.
- Those variants not encoded in the "positive" strand of the reference genome GRCh37/hg19, which tellmeGen uses as a reference for its estimates.
- Since we do not generate the genotyping files ourselves, we cannot rule out the presence of inaccurate genotypes that may report false positives or false negatives in your results. Therefore, tellmeGen is not responsible for possible errors contained in the raw data from third parties.
- The ability to provide maternal haplogroup results will be conditional on the presence of the mitochondrial chromosome in the Raw Data provided, as well as its call rate and quality.
- The ability to provide paternal haplogroup results will be contingent upon the presence of the Y chromosome in the Raw Data provided, as well as its call rate and quality. It should be noted that this result will only be available for male users, due to the absence of this chromosome in females.
- A technique called imputation is used to estimate the results of complex diseases, traits and wellness. This technique is a statistical analysis that allows us to statistically infer variants that are in a reference database and analyze them as if they were included in the genotyping chip. This allows us to drastically increase the number of variants that it is possible to analyze and thus improve the accuracy of the results. The quality of this process and the results obtained will be conditional on the quality of the chip provided by each user as Raw Data.